Girls Get Busy’s Zine of the Week: My Heart the Peanut Butter Jar by Monique L
This zine is packed full of personal writings and drawings compiled during a year of emotional turmoil, emotional abuse and personal recovery/discovery thereafter. A “perzine” is shorter term used for a personal zine, and to me this is a su’perzine.
This was composed over a course of 5 months. It is hand-bound with 70 pages of original writing, drawings and collaging.
These are a few of the pages you will see. It has taken me the past 3 years to decide whether to distribute the zine because of the intensity of language, visuals and heartache that it resonates from. Had it not been for reading one of Alex Wrekk’s zines, I may have never created this or been inspired to share my story. It’s good to know you can relate!
72 pages of love, hate, anger, recollection, survival, hardship, revelation and moving on. PLUS DRAWINGS!
For a chance to be featured as Zine of the Week, email your links to email@example.comBlog comments powered by Disqus
- a--verdade likes this
- gospellicea reblogged this from skinnedheart
- revolta reblogged this from girlsgetbusyzine and added:
- revolta likes this
- mmmmementomori likes this
- gospellicea likes this
- takethestares likes this
- onohobo likes this
- grrrlz likes this
- icarntspell likes this
- contusioexistentialis likes this
- lukewarmcoffee reblogged this from girlsgetbusyzine
- skinnedheart reblogged this from girlsgetbusyzine
- ululantes likes this
- wendigoschild likes this
- free-weezy23 likes this
- worthdreamingof reblogged this from girlsgetbusyzine
- lovemeuntilyourheartbursts likes this
- pansytwist reblogged this from girlsgetbusyzine
- pansytwist likes this
- you-are-beyond likes this
- leafshadowss likes this
- there-was-a-girl likes this
- girlsgetbusyzine posted this